Medical treatment in Singapore is expensive! But that wouldn't matter if you had medical insurance!
Did you know that the following can be covered by insurance:
1. Colonoscopy and endoscopy
3. Out-patient specialist checks
5. Health screenings
6. Elderly conditions: cataract surgery, hip replacement
However, the medical condition may not be covered if pre-existing.
So if you're young and healthy or if you want to protect your children from a condition in your family's history, now is the time to buy insurance.
Here are 3 reasons why more and more of our clients are getting insured:
1. You don't want to be surprised by high medical bills
Even with a price estimate beforehand, you might be surprised by the final bill.
As many of our clients are regular visitors to Singapore for their medical needs, they have purchased policies to protect themselves and their children from the expected financial burden.
They buy insurance because:
- Insurance costs money, but it is nothing compared to the cost of a serious illness.
- With insurance, it doesn't matter if the eventual bill turns up higher than expected.
- With this peace of mind, they can focus on the other more important things in life.
2. Even with an existing condition, you can still be insured
A significant number of our younger clients learn that they have a family history of illnesses (e.g. breast cancer, heart disease, diabetes). Knowing that they will most likely have to bear medical costs in the future, they see the financial sense in taking up an insurance policy.
We also have clients who are insured (albeit at higher premiums) despite having pre-existing conditions. Having experienced first-hand the high medical bills for their treatment, they often choose to purchase policies for their children.
3. It is cheaper than you think
- Coverage for a 28 year old female on a global plan (excluding USA) costs ~ US$2,000. (~ US$5,200 with pregnancy cover)
- Family coverage for a 42 year old couple and their 2 kids on a global plan (excluding USA) costs ~ US$7,000. (~ US$12,000 with out-patient coverage)
- Coverage for a 55 year old female on a global plan (excluding USA) costs ~ US$4,000. (~ US$8,300 with out-patient coverage)
There is no harm in asking for a quote!
How can Ulink help?
We have partnered with very experienced insurers (Bupa, InterGlobal, Aviva, Tenet) to help many clients find the most suitable coverage and minimize their expenditure while they receive the best medical care in the region.
Ask for a quote!
Subscribe to a free e-newsletter for the best medical care in Singapore