DO I NEED A VISA TO DELIVER IN SINGAPORE?
The answer is: It depends!
Depending on your length of stay and Singapore’s policy on visa-free duration (which is specific to your country), you may need a visa to deliver in Singapore. For example, an American delivering in Singapore will not likely require a visa because Singapore grants Americans a 90 day visa-free stay. Conversely, an Indonesian might require a visa because she will only be granted visa-free stay for 30 days.
Check to see how long your visa-free stay is:
1. Check with Singapore embassy in your country
Apply for a long term visit pass (LTVP) if you are only entitled 30 days visa-free stay or if you deem it necessary:
1. Email us for an application - at least 3 months before your estimated-date-of-delivery (EDD)
2. Ulink will email you a guide on the requirements and procedures for a successful application
3. Thereafter, submit the documents to Ulink and we will process your application
4. The Immigrations & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) will take about 4 - 6 weeks to process your application.
5. Ulink will act as your Local Sponser. You will be required to place a security deposit (between $1,000 to $3,000 depending on nationality) with the ICA. The security deposit will be returned to you upon your departure from Singapore post-delivery
6. Once approved, Ulink will make an appointment to collect your LTVP - depending on your needs, you may be required to be present to collect the LTVP
7. Congratulations on obtaining your LTVP and we wish you a safe and smooth delivery!
More on Ulink’s maternity visa assistance and fees: Click here
Subscribe to a free e-newsletter for the best medical care in Singapore