1. How do I know if I'm having a heart attack?
If you are experiencing the following, you might be having a heart attack:
- Prolonged crushing, squeezing or burning pain in the center of the chest
- Pain that radiates from the chest area to the neck, arms, shoulders or the jaw
- Shortness of breath
- Chills and sweating
- Weak pulse
- Cold and clammy skin, gray pallor3
2. What should I do?
- Call the local emergency hotline (995 if you are in Singapore)
- If you have aspirin, chew a tablet or two1
- Inform someone and have him/her keep watch on you
- Stop all activities. Lay still and wait to be sent to the hospital2
3. How does aspirin help during a heart attack?
Aspirin has platelet-inhibitory effects1.
A heart attack is usually caused by a small plaque that has grown in size by accumulating platelets that cause blood clot.
Aspirin prevents platelets from continuing the clotting process. Therefore, the plaque size is contained.
This translates to the stabilization of your condition and subsequently a speedier recovery.
4. How do I recover from a heart attack?
Your doctor will recommend a course of action to help your recover and lead a better quality of life. There are many courses depending on your lifestyle and severity of your condition.
To learn more: Click here
5. How can Ulink help?
We have helped many of our clients undergo cardiac screenings or arrange consultations with Singapore's best cardiologists. In their care you'll never have to worry about which tests are necessary and if the results are interpreted correctly.
Additionally, for foreign clients, Ulink arranges 2 – 3 medical evacuations to Singapore weekly. We have our own medical team and our private jet support is ready 24/7. We use our experience to make the best decisions and ensure the fastest response time.
To find out more talk to us!
Subscribe to a free e-newsletter for the best medical care in Singapore