What happens after I return home?
Ulink’s doctor panel represents the top of the fields in the Singapore medical profession and our clients benefit from better clinical outcomes.
However, in the extremely rare instances that complications might occur post-treatment, we will do everything in our power to assist. This could range from arranging a discussion between the patient’s Singapore doctor and local doctor, to making the arrangements for a return to Singapore.
Should there be complications, please immediately call our 24 hour hotline at: +65 9773 9775 and we will provide immediate assistance.BACK TO TOP
From our experience, we know that the patient’s return home is but the start of their path towards recovery. With this in mind, we assist in the following:
- Obtaining medical reports
- Arranging for the patient’s Singapore doctor to update his home country on his treatment in Singapore
- Getting answers to follow-up questions, e.g. regarding nutrition, lifestyle changes, medication, etc.
- Procuring medicines and other medical supplies
- Making follow-up appointments for his next visit to Singapore
Should you require a copy of your medical report or have any enquiries, you can contact us at
From our experience, the following are ways that patients may reduce their medical cost in Singapore
- Request for price quotations/treatment plans from more than one clinic or hospital (Ulink can help with this)
- Patients can save by doing lab/diagnostic tests in their home countries before coming to Singapore
- Because consultations are charged based on the length of consultation, a patient might prepare before-hand: questions regarding his condition, list of the medicines taken, if there are any requirements to fast or stop blood thinners (which may delay surgery)
- For non-Singaporean patients, out-patient consultations at government hospitals are not significantly cheaper than in private hospitals. In-patient care is, however, significantly more affordable
- Mt. Alvernia hospital is a cost-effective alternative for in-patient treatment – many private sector specialists also perform procedures at Mt. Alvernia
- Make travel arrangements before confirming medical appointments. Appointment timings can always be changed
- Always focus on total cost, e.g. including cost of travel, medical reports, need for follow-up visits, extra night’s hospital stay, etc.
- Ulink can make cost containment requests on behalf of the patient to the hospital/clinic on a case-by-case basis
- Recovering in Singapore is not cheap – for example, hotel stays are expensive – many patients choose to recover in their home countries. Our clients also make use of Ulink’s preferred rates at select hotels in Singapore