Founded in Singapore and part of Concord Medical Services Holdings Limited (CCM) in China, Concord International Hospital focuses on general surgery and multi-disciplinary oncology treatment such as radiotherapy, targeted therapy and immunotherapy. The hospital houses a full spectrum of facilities that include operating theatres, a 24-hour outpatient clinic and diagnostic imaging services comprising X-ray, ultrasound, mammography and CT radiology.
Based on our experience, here are 2 reasons why our clients choose Concord International Hospital:
1.Breast cancer specialty and interdisciplinary healthcare team
The oncology team at Concord is highly experienced in diagnosing, treating and managing patients with breast cancer. Armed with the expertise in conducting the latest breast reconstruction procedures, its specialists are equipped to conduct single-stage mastectomies compared to conventional two-stage mastectomies. This recent development in breast oncology surgery has greatly improved post-operative patient satisfaction, reduced total operating time and improved surgical aesthetic outcomes with minimal scarring. An inter-disciplinary team consisting of renowned oncologists, radiologists and chemotherapy specialists can collaboratively draw up a treatment plan catered to your individual needs.
2. Advanced medical technology and access to new drugs
As only one of the two hospitals in Singapore equipped with the advanced robotic-assisted surgical technique, the Da Vinci Surgical system, Concord is at the forefront of latest advances in in oncology and surgical technology.
The Da Vinci Surgical system allows the surgeon’s freehand movements to be translated into minute and more precise movements, reducing the risk of complications with a minimally-invasive approach.
The hospital is also well-equipped with an advanced radiation therapy, the Elekta Infinity TM Linear Accelerator. Achieving highly positive clinical outcomes for breast, gastrointestinal, lung, liver and urological cancers, the advanced radiological system delivers fast and precise radiation doses and reduces the damage suffered by surrounding healthy tissues.
Concord International Hospital is highly recommended for patients that:
● Diagnosed with breast cancer and want to seek specialised treatment and advanced patient care
● Want access to advanced, less-invasive treatments
● Facilities/technology ✓✓✓✓
● Luxury ✓✓✓
● Cost-effective ✓✓✓✓
Most highly requested doctors according to Ulink’s cases:
Dr Ong Kong Wee
MBBS, MRCS (Edinburgh), PhD (Bistrol), FAMS
Dr Hsieh Wen Son
BS Neuroscience (Tulane), MD (Johns Hopkins), Internal Medicine (Duke), Medical Oncology (Johns Hopkins), Diplomate Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology ABIM (USA)
- Certified in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Specialises in the treatment of various types of cancer, particularly lymphomas, head and neck cancers, and hepatobiliary cancers
- Active in developing novel cancer diagnostics and molecularly targeted anti-cancer treatments
Dr Ooi Wei Seong
MB BCh BAO (Ireland), MRCP (UK), FAMS (Medical Oncology)
Dr Vincent Lai Wai Kwan
MHCHB (Sheffield), MRCP (Edin), PhD (Birmingham)
- More than 200 academically accredited specialists across 28 specialities
- 24-hour outpatient clinic
- 31-bedded specialist facility inclusive of single beds, high dependency and intensive care wards
- Advanced surgical and radiotherapy equipment: Da Vinci Surgical System and Elekta Infinity TM Linear Accelerator
- Specialised chemotherapy and radiation therapy centres
- Accessible and central location (nearest MRT: Caldecott), 25 mins from the airport and 10 mins from Orchard Road