Gleneagles Hospital Singapore provides an extensive range of medical, surgical services and comprehensive patient management. Its major specialties include cardiology, gastroenterology, liver transplantation, obstetrics and gynaecology, oncology and orthopaedics. Known for its strong sense of community and commitment to patient care, the hospital was accredited the Joint Commission International (JCI) in 2006 and 2009, the world’s leading medical quality standard.
Based on our experience, here are 3 reasons why our clients choose Gleneagles Hospital:
1. Liver transplant speciality and advanced facilities
Gleneagles houses one of Southeast Asia’s largest private liver transplant centres which has successfully performed more than 230 liver transplatations to date with consistently good clinical outcomes. Named the Parkway Asian Transplant Unit (PATU), this dedicated transplant ward is headed by leading transplant experts and a team of specially trained nurses to care for patients with various liver conditions such as those who need liver dialysis prior to liver transplantation, liver cancer, jaundice, hepatitis, and even babies with biliary atresia.
In August 2015, one of our clients, a 39-year-old Indonesian male, was evacuated to Gleneagles via air ambulance for acute liver failure and his condition was successfully stablised after three weeks of treatment at the intensive care unit. He gradually regained full liver function and was eventually weaned off dialysis.
2. Integrated and convenient Telemedicine services
As part of its commitment to deliver holistic quality patient care, the hospital has extended tele-consultation services to its patients. Conducted by the Harley Street Heart and Cancer Centre, a cardiovascular and oncology specialist centre in Gleneagles, patients can readily have face-to-face video consultations with its specialists and even receive personalised medical prescriptions in the comfort of their own home. Unnecessary time and money spent traveling can also be minimised, making it a popular option among international patients.
Through tele-consultation, patients can receive a formal medical summary detailing important information such as the proposed treatment plan and the approximate cost of medical treatment. Patients already with a prior diagnosis can also choose to have a second medical opinion and have their diagnosis validated with the panel of specialists at Harley Street.
3. Personalised patient focus and quality care
Placed as the fourth best hospital in the world for medical tourists, Gleneagles endeavours to provide the highest quality of care to visiting international patients and deliver an assortment of value-added services to attend to their multi-faceted needs. Some of the facilities provided by its one-stop service centre, the Gleneagles Patient Assistance Centre, include world air evacuation and repatriation services, airport transfer services, language interpretation assistance as well as Visa application and extension services. Testament to its excellent patient care record, Gleneagles received the Singapore Service Excellence Medallion Commendation Award for Trusted Service in 2015.
Gleneagles Hospital is highly recommended for patients that:
Most highly requested doctors according to Ulink’s cases:
Dr Roger Tan
MBBS (Singapore), MRCP (UK)
• Specialises in dialysis, kidney transplant, chronic kidney failure and hypertension
• Performs high-risk, complex kidney transplants, such as ABO-incompatibility, crossmatch positive and 2nd kidney transplants
• Visiting consultant to National Kidney Foundation and regularly trains renal physicians in Vietnam, Indonesia and Thailand on peritoneal dialysis
Dr Rohit Khurana
MA (Oxon), BMChB (Oxon), PhD (Lond), FRCP (UK), FESC (Europe), FACC (USA)
• Specialises in coronary artery disease and resistant hypertension and its treatment by catheter-based interventions
• Pioneered novel catheter-based methods (i.e. renal denervation) to treat resistant hypertension in Singapore
• Strong track record in both basic and clinical research with over 35 publications in peer-reviewed journals
Dr Lo Soo Kien Sue
MBChB (Sheffeild,UK), FRCP (Lond,UK), CCT(Lond,UK)
• Specialises in the management of solid tumours and has a special interest in breast cancer and gastro-intestinal cancer
• Former Chairman of the National Cancer Centre Singapore Chemotherapy Safety Control Committee
• Completed specialist training in oncology at the world famous cancer centre, The Royal Marsden Hospital, London
Dr Reginald Liew
MA (Camb), MBBS (Hons, Lond), PhD (Lond), FRCP (Lond), FESC,
• Specialises in cardiac electrophysiology (EP), cardiac arrhythmia (abnormal heart rhythm) and device implantation
• Trained in various cardiac EP procedures, such as catheter ablation and cardiac device implantation
Dr Leong Keng Hong
MBBS (Singapore), MMed (Singapore), MD, MRCP (UK), FAMS (Singapore), FRCP (Edinburgh)
• Founding President of the Osteoporosis Society (Singapore) and Inaugural Chairman of the Chapter of Rheumatologists
• Specialises in treating arthritis, rheumatism and osteoporosis
• Senior physician and consultant rheumatologist at Gleneagles Hospital
Dr Teo Cheng Peng
MBBS (Singapore), MMed (Internal Medicine), FAMS (Haematology)
• Chairman of Gleneagles Hospital Blood Transfusion Committee
• Consultant haematologist at Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre and Mount Elizabeth Novena Specialist Centre
• Clinical interests lie in stem cells in the fields of haematology and medical oncology and was one of the pioneers of the autologous stem cell bank in Singapore
Facilities and Services:
- Over 300 academically accredited medical experts in more than 30 specialties
- 272-bedded medical facility, including suites, single rooms, two-bedded, four-bedded rooms and maternity wards
- 24-hour accident and emergency (A&E) and outpatient unit
- Easily accessible and central location (nearest MRT: Orchard Station), 28 mins from the airport and 4 mins from Orchard Road
- Dedicated Gleneagles Patient Assistance Centre to cater to multi-faceted needs of international patients, services include air evacuation and repatriation and visa application and extension