Mount Elizabeth Novena is the newest and highest-end hospital of the Parkway group in Singapore. The hospital’s unparalleled rooms, facilities, and medical technology (JCI accreditation) continue to make it the top choice for many patients who can afford it or have the necessary insurance coverage.
Based on our client feedback, here are 3 reasons why they choose Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital:
1. Premium healthcare experience
Hospital + Hotel = “Hospitel”First amongst private hospitals in Singapore, Mount Elizabeth Novena offers the “hospitel” concept. Patients continue to receive very high standards of care in an environment of greater luxury. The hospital only has single rooms to ensure that patients recover in comfort and privacy.
See for yourself:
The room: The bathroom:
Virtual tour: Click Here!
What about your family and caregivers?
They can stay at Oasia Hotel (click for more information). It is just a minute’s walk away from Mount Elizabeth Novena.
2. Up and coming doctors
Many young doctors who have previously spearheaded departments at the Singapore government hospitals have joined Mount Elizabeth Novena. These include:
Dr Ivan Ng: Previously head of neurosurgery at the National Neuroscience Institute and Singapore General Hospital (Click here for more)
Dr Peng Yeong Pin: Clinical director & consultant in the department of Hand & Reconstructive
microsurgery. (Click here for more)
3. State-of-the-art technology
- Hybrid operating theatre:Mount Elizabeth Novena hospital is the first private hospital in Singapore to have the hybrid operating theatre.The key unique features of this new theatre is the integration of high-tech scanning equipment such as computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) machines that enables surgeons to perform advanced surgeries in a minimally invasive and safe manner.Ultimately, this leads to shorter recovery time and better patient outcomes.
- TrueBeam STx System:Using radiosurgery and radiotherapy, this system is specially designed to advance the treatment of lung, breast, intracranial, prostate, head and neck, and other types of cancer, especially inoperable cancers.Radiosurgery is a precise method that carefully shapes high-energy radiation beams to attack a tumour from outside the body, without performing surgery.Radiotherapy delivers large doses of energy to the tumours with great precision, allowing the treatment of many inoperable tumours, such as those in the brain or those that are close to the spinal cord, including tumours of the lung, liver, or pancreas, which are subject to respiratory motion during treatment.
The following are some of the common conditions that we have referred our clients for:
- Heart- Stents
- Hormone- Osteoporosis
– Metabolic bone disorders
- Ear, Nose & Throat-Snoring
– Loss of hearing
– Chronic sore throat
- Infectious diseases- Fungal, viral and bacterial infections
(e.g. aspergillosis, cryptococcosis and mucormycosis)
- Neurology- Spine disorders
– Brain tumors
- Cancer- Breast
- Skin, Hair, Nail- Hair loss
– Nail disorders
Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital has approximately 271 doctors. We have previously referred our clients to the following doctors at Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital and feedback has been good:
Dr Reginald Liew
Dr Liew is a specializes in interventional cardiology and 3D mapping systems. Previously he was deputy director of the Research and Development unit at NHCS.
Dr Rohit Khurana
Dr Khurana is a senior cardiologist specializing in resistant hypertension and catheter based interventions. He is also currently an assistant professor at the Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School. (More on Dr Khurana)
Dr Sue Lo
Dr Lo is a senior oncologist specializes in breast, gynaecological and gastro-intestinal cancers. (More on Dr Lo)
Dr Ivan Ng
Dr Ng is a neuro-surgeon specializing in minimally invasive neuro-surgery. He was previously head of the Department of Neurosurgery at both the NNI and SGH. (More on Dr Ng)
Dr Leong Hoe Nam
Dr Leong is a senior infectious diseases doctor specializing in virology. He is also an assistant professor at the Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School. (More on Dr Leong)
Dr Leonard Ang
Dr Ang specializes in cataract sugery, cornea transplantation, glaucoma treatment and more. Prior to his current appointment, he was an associate professor at the SNEC. (More on Dr Ang)
Dr Ang Kian Chuan
Dr Ang is a very experienced orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in keyhole surgeries for the knee and shoulders. (More on Dr Ang)
Dr Alvin Ng
Dr Ng is a senior endocrinologist specializing in osteoporosis and metabolic bone diseases. He is also an assistant professor at the Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School. (More on Dr Ng)
Dr Eileen Tan
Dr Tan is a senior dermatologist specializing in hair and nail disorders. She is the first doctor in Singapore to be certified as Diplomate of American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery (ABHRS) in 2010. (More on Dr Tan)
For patients going to Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital, here are some nearby hotels that have good reviews:
|Hotel||Stars||How far is it?||Price (per night – approximate)||Website|
|Oasia Hotel||4.2/5||3 min||$179||Click here|
|Hotel Ibis Singapore Novena||3.2/5||6 min||$145||Click here|
|Days Hotel Singapore at Zhongshan Park||4.1/5||9 min||$180||Click here|
|Value Hotel Thomsom||3.3/5||11 min||$109||Click here|
|Sheraton Towers||3.9/5||8 min (car)||$255||Click here|
|Nearby places to eat and shop:|
|1.||United Square||(More information)|
|2.||Velocity @ Novena||(More information)|
|3.||Newton Circus Food Centre||(More information)|