Mount Elizabeth Orchard, Mount Elizabeth Novena, Parkway East Hospital and Gleneagles Hospital are hospitals of the Parkway Group in Singapore. Located in the heart of Singapore, Mount Elizabeth Orchard offers services from a large concentration of medical specialists, including cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, neurologists, neurosurgeons. The hospital offers a wide range of medical services in-house, helmed by leading specialists and staff. Mount Elizabeth Orchard is a private hospital with 345 beds, we have also received accreditation of quality care by the Joint Commission International (JCI), as well as the Singapore Quality Class certification.
Based on our experience, here are 3 reasons why our clients choose Mount Elizabeth Orchard Hospital.
1. The hospital has the largest number of medical professionals in the region
Located in one of the most bustling cities in the Asia-Pacific region, Mount Elizabeth Orchard is served by a large concentration of cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, neurologists and neurosurgeons from all over the world, and is equipped with modern technology and world-class facilities.
2. Specialised stem cell transplantation (blood cancer/other diseases)
With more than 20 years of professional experience, Mount Elizabeth Orchard has made significant progress in this specialisation, monitoring and treating patients with blood cancer and other diseases.
Dr Patrick Tan, director of the Centre for Haematology and Stem Cell Transplantation, is a pioneer in the field of cord blood and stem cell transplant. He performed the world’s 1st successful cases of unrelated blood stem cell transplant and unrelated cord blood transplant for thalassemia major (a severe blood disorder where the body is unable to produce normal red blood cells).
Patients affirmed that, in the hospital, they were treated by medical professionals who were experienced and knowledgeable. It is also worth noting is that:
The hospital has state-of-the-art haematology wards, equipped with positive pressure systems to protect patients with weakened immune systems from airborne contaminants in the hospital environment.
Nurses trained in haematology, are in-charge of these wards, caring for patients with blood related diseases and disorders.
3. Top-notched heart surgeries
Mount Elizabeth Orchard has attained outstanding achievements in the field of cardiology. Many patients choose Mount Elizabeth Orchard for this and its range of specialty.
As the top private hospital in Singapore, Mount Elizabeth Orchard successfully performed left ventricular assist procedures (LVAD – an implantable mechanical pump that helps pump blood), which saved many patients who needed heart transplantation, giving them a new lease of life.
|Nearby places to eat/shop:||Nearby hotels:||Ratings:|
· Ion Orchard
· Grand Park
· Mandarin Orchard
Dr Philip Eng
· Visiting Consultant at Singapore General Hospital (SGH) and Associate Professor of the Medicine National University of Singapore
· Was appointed the head of the Department of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine at SGH
Dr Ng Puay Yong
· Specialises in stroke, brain tumour, spine surgery, radiosurgery and endovascular interventions
· Visiting consultant for National Neuroscience Institute, KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital, Singapore Gamma Knife Centre and National University Hospital
Dr Kelvin Thia
· Received the Human Manpower Development Programme (HMDP) scholarship from the Ministry of Health in 2007
· Received the hospital’s ‘service with a heart’ award for his clinical service in 2011 and was also certified as a nutrition support clinician by the American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition
Dr Teoh Tiong Ann
· Specialises in the treatment of colon and rectal cancers
· Experienced in keyhole surgeries such as gall bladder removal, appendix removal, large intestine surgery, and endoscopic procedures such as gastroscopy and colonoscopy
Dr Tan Kok Soon
· Senior Consultant Cardiologist specialising in Interventional Cardiology
· Was appointed as the Head of the Department of Cardiology at Changi General Hospital (CGH)
Dr Benjamin Chua
· Medical Director and Senior Consultant Vascular Surgeon at the Vascular & Interventional Centre
· Regarded as one of the leading vascular surgeons in Asia, Dr Chua travels extensively in the Asia Pacific region to teach and proctor complex aortic stenting, peripheral vascular interventions and endovenous surgery
Dr Ang Peng Tiam
· Vice Chairman of Singapore Cancer Society, Chairman of the Medical Advisory Committee of Breast Cancer Foundation
· Was the founding Head of the Department of Medical Oncology at Singapore General Hospital from 1991 to 1997