Thomson Medical Centre (TMC) is Singapore’s leading private hospital for women and children.
Based on our client feedback, here are 3 reasons why they choose TMC:
1. Centres of excellence targeted at women and children
- Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM):Thomson Medical Centre’s TCM centre provides confinement Chinese medicine, acupuncture for fertility, and massages for toddlers who are prone to illness (e.g. indigestion and insomnia).
- Screening for women’s cancers:TCM’s Well Women Clinic, located at the heart of Orchard Road offers diagnostic tests –e.g. Pap smears, mammograms, ultrasounds – for women-specific cancers.
- Paediatric infectious diseases:TMC’s Paediatric Centre has expertise in treating infections prevalent in children and adolescents for example, hand, foot and mouth disease (HFMD), chickenpox and pneumococcal infections. They even offer travel advice and immunizations to prepare children for overseas trips.
2. Greater specialization:
Greater specialization enables the doctor to better diagnose medical conditions specific to women and children, and have the expertise to perform the appropriate treatment.
Patients can see a more specialized doctor for their specific medical condition, rather than the generalist gynaecologist or paediatrician. For example:
|1.||Dr Tay Eng Hseon||Gyneacology||Oncology||Click Here|
|2.||Dr Janice Wong||Paediatrics||Neurology, Neuro-rehabilitation, Neuro-development||Click Here|
|3.||Dr Ang Poon Liat||Paediatrics||Autism & nutrition||Click Here|
|4.||Dr Anita Menon||Paediatrics||Infectious diseases||Click Here|
3. Shorter waiting times to see senior specialistst from Kandang Kerbau’s Women and Children’s Hospital (KKH):
As most of the specialists at TMC started out at KKH, foreign patients who wish to see these doctors no longer have to wait for months.
4. Most experienced at delivering babies (private hospitals)
According to the Ministry of Health’s hospital bill sizes (source), TMC performed the highest number of natural and caesarean deliveries (1 May 2014 to 30 Apr 2015)
5. Very affordable hospital for deliveries
According to the Ministry of Health’s hospital bill sizes, TMC is the most affordable private hospital for caesarean deliveries
N.A = Not available. The hospital does not offer such wards.
TMC is also amongst the most affordable private hospitals for natural deliveries
TMC has approximately 97 doctors. We have previously referred our clients to the following doctors at TMC and feedback has been good:
Dr Loh Seong Feei
Dr Loh specializes in reproductive medicine and technology and was the Director of KKH’s IVF Centre prior to his current appointment. (More on Dr Loh)
Dr Tay Eng Hseon
Dr Tay specializes in gynaecological oncology and was formerly Chairman Medical Board and Head of Gynaecological Oncology at KKH. (More on Dr Tay)
Dr Janice Wong Tzen Yuen
Dr Wong specializes in paediatric neurology – cerebral palsy. She was an Assistant Professor at the Duke NUS Graduate Medical School and Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. (More on Dr Wong)
Dr Tan Hiok Hee
Dr Tan is a senior dermatologist specializing in cutaneous infections and sexually transmitted infections. He was also an Assistant Director at the National Skin Centre.(More on Dr Tan)
Dr Chang Tou Choong
Dr Chang is the Head of Fetal Assessment Unit (TMC). He was formerly president of the College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists.
The following are some of the common conditions that we have referred our clients for:
- Deliveries- Natural
- Assisted reproduction- In-Vitro Fertilization
– Uterine fibroids
– Tubal disease
– Minimally invasive surgery (e.g. key-hole reversal of tubal ligation)
- Gynaecological cancer- Tumors of the ovary, uterus, cervix, vigina and vulva
– Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure (LEEP) surgery
- Preventive care- Screenings (e.g. mammograms and pap smears)
– Cancer screenings
For patients going to TMC, here are some nearby hotels that have good reviews:
|Hotel||Stars||How far is it? (walking)||Price (per night – approximate)||Website|
|Value Hotel Thomson||3.8/5||4 min||$119||Click here|
|Hotel Ibis Singapore Novena||3.2/5||8 min||$145||Click here|
|Ramada Hotel||4.5/5||9 min||$224||Click here|
|DaysHotel at Zhongshan Park||3.7/5||6 min||$232||Click here|
|Nearby places to eat and shop:|
|1.||United Square||(More information)|
|2.||Velocity @ Novena||(More information)|
|3.||Newton Circus Food Centre||(More information)|