Mount Alvernia Hospital is a 303-bed general acute care private hospital with two multidisciplinary medical specialist centres and tertiary medical capabilities. Founded in 1961 by a group of Catholic Sisters, it is the only hospital in Singapore to integrate clinical pastoral care with its medical services. The hospital features a 24 Hour Walk-in Clinic, A&E department with ambulance service, health screening centre, as well as many specialist departments.
Accredited by the International Standards Organisation (ISO), the hospital also features advanced, world-class medical equipment and facilities that are kept up-to-date with latest technology developments.
Based on our experience, here are 2 reasons why our clients choose Mount Alvernia Hospital:
1.Neurological and Sports Medicine expertise
Mount Alvernia houses two specialist centres, the Mount Alvernia Brain Centre and the Sports Medicine and Sports Surgery Centre.
The specialist neurological centre provides a comprehensive range of services for the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of patients with neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s Disease, Alzheimer’s disease and multiple sclerosis. Services provided include Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) and scans and imaging facilities.
With a broader orthopaedic focus, its Sports Surgery Centre offers consultations,treatment and rehabilitation for the treatment of sports-related trauma affecting the musculoskeletal system. The dedicated team of orthopaedic specialists, nurses and physiotherapists are experienced in managing cartilage, ligament and meniscus tears and injuries and in conducting joint replacement surgeries. Other sports medicine services offered include injury prevention, exercise management and nutrition.
2. Affordable not-for-profit Catholic hospital with community outreach focus
Singapore’s only not-for-profit Catholic tertiary care hospital, Mount Alvernia is actively involved in local community outreach activities to reach out to the sick, poor and marginalised through education, nursing, pastoral care and counselling. Reaching out to more than 25,000 beneficiaries since 2009, its outreach programmes provide heavily subsisdised health screenings and flu vaccinations to the vulnerable and marginalised.
With all of its fiscal surplus channelled into supporting their community beneficiaries such as the Assisi Hospice, its healthcare services tend to be comparatively more affordable than its other private counterparts.
Mount Alvernia Hospital is highly recommended for patients that:
· Suffered serious neurological or sports-related trauma and require specialised medical attention
· Feel strongly about supporting local community outreach programmes
· Desire more affordable healthcare services rates
● Facilities/technology ✓✓✓
● Luxury ✓✓✓
● Cost-effective ✓✓✓✓✓
Most highly requested doctors according to Ulink’s cases:
Professor (Dr) Timothy Lee
MBBS (Melbourne), FRCS (Surgical Neurology), FRCS (Edinburgh), FAMS (Neurosurgery)
Dr Ngian Kite Seng
MBBS (SIngapore), FRCS (Glasgow), FRCSEd (General Surgery), FAMS (Orthopaedics)
- Specialises in General Orthopaedic and Spine Surgery
- Awarded the HMDP Fellowship to be trained in Spine Surgery at the University of Rochester School of Medicine, New York, USA
- International Affiliate member of the American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Dr Tan Kok Soon
MBBCh – Surgery, MRCP (UK), MRCP (UK), FRCP, FAMS (Cardiology)
- Senior Consultant Cardiologist and Medical Director of Orchard Heart Specialist Clinic
- Member of the Singapore Cardiac Society, Singapore National Heart Association, and Asia-Pacific Society of Interventional Cardiology
Dr Jim Teo Yeow Kwan
Respiratory Medicine and Intensive Care Medicine
MBBS (Singapore), MMed (Singapore), MRCP (Respiratory Medicine – UK), FCCP (USA), FRCP (Internal Medicine – Edinburgh), FRCP (Internal Medicine – Glasgow), FAMS (Respiratory Medicine), Dip (Intensive Care Medicine – ESICM)
- Special interest in asthma, chronic obstructive lung disease, non-invasive ventilation and intensive care medicine
- ICU advisor to Mt Alvernia Hospital and ICU director to Concord Cancer Hospital
- 160 academically accredited doctors across 15 specialities including neurology, oncology and orthopaedics
- 303 beds – including 6-bedded, 2-bedded wards and single rooms, including intensive care units and high dependency units, maternity suites
- Clinical pastoral care services
- 24-hour accident and emergency (A&E) unit and outpatient clinic
- Two specialist centres: Mount Alvernia Brain Centre and Sports Medicine and Sports Surgery Centre
- Accessible and central location (nearest MRT: Caldecott), 20 mins from the airport and 12 mins from Orchard Road