Mount Elizabeth Novena is the newest and highest-end hospital of the Parkway group in Singapore. The hospital’s unparalleled rooms, facilities, and medical technology continue to make it the top choice for many who are willing to pay a premium for quality medical care.
Based on our experience, here are 2 reasons why our clients choose Mount Elizabeth Novena:
1. Cardiovascular expertise and highly advanced medical technology
Equipped with dedicated cardiovascular labs and advanced medical technology, Mount Elizabeth Novena is able to successfully treat a wide spectrum of heart conditions, including common heart conditions such as arrythmia and coronary heart disease. Doctors were able to provide timely medical intervention to one of Ulink’s clients who was diagnosed with acute heart failure and needed urgent medical attention. Normal blood flow to his heart was successfully restored with the implantation of an advanced heart ventricular assist system known as HeartMate.
Cardiologists are also well-trained to conduct complex and minimally invasive cardiac surgical procedures such as the advanced Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI) Retrograde technique. The advanced procedure is specifically devised to treat patients with Chronic Total Inclusion (CTO), a highly prevalent heart condition characterised by a thick, obtrusive build-up of plaque on the arterial wall which makes typical stenting implantation impossible. PCI also achieves better clinical outcomes and fewer possible complications compared to the more invasive and widely used open-heart bypass surgery.
2. Personalised care and luxurious amenities
The newest addition to the bevvy of hospitals under the renowned Parkway group, Mount Elizabeth Novena features 333 lavishly furnished single-bedded rooms. A popular option among many of our clients who prioritise comfort, each room comes with premium furnishing such as floor-to ceiling windows, marbled bathrooms, a well-stocked mini bar and luxury linen. Medical equipment is hidden out of sight, crafting a restful ambience optimised for patient recovery. Complimentary limousine transfer services and massages for maternity patients are also available upon request – at no additional charges.
The spacious room layout also easily accommodates visiting family members who wish to spend more time with patients.
Mount Elizabeth Novena is highly recommended for patients that:
Most highly requested doctors according to Ulink’s cases:
Dr Reginald Liew
MA (Camb), MBBS (Hons, Lond), PhD (Lond), FRCP (Lond), FESC,FACC (USA)
- Specialises in cardiac electrophysiology (EP), cardiac arrhythmia (abnormal heart rhythm) and device implantation
- Trained in various cardiac EP procedures, such as catheter ablation and cardiac device implantation
- Awarded the British Heart Foundation Junior Research Fellowship from 2000 – 2003 for clinical cardiovascular research
Dr Rohit Khurana
MA (Oxon), BMChB (Oxon), PhD (Lond), FRCP (UK), FESC (Europe), FACC (USA)
- Specialises in coronary artery disease and resistant hypertension and its treatment by catheter-based interventions
- Pioneered novel catheter-based methods (i.e. renal denervation) to treat resistant hypertension in Singapore
- Strong track record in both basic and clinical research with over 35 publications in peer-reviewed journals
Dr. Tan Chong Hiok
MBChB (United Kingdom), MRCP (United Kingdom)
- Former Director and senior consultant of the Invasive Cardiovascular Laboratory at Changi General Hospital
- Highly experienced in conducting advanced Retrograde CTO procedure and performs 24 to 40 cases of such surgeries each year
- Awarded the prestigious ‘Best Case’ award at the 15th CTO International Conference in 2014
Dr Leong Hoe Nam
Infectious Diseases and Virology
MBBS (S’pore), MRCP (UK), MMed (Intern Med, S’pore),
FAMS (Infect Dis)
- Over 300 academically accredited medical experts
- 333-bedded healthcare facility, including single-bedded rooms, junior and regal suites
- 24-hour A&E & walk-in clinic
- Central and easily accessible location (connected to Novena MRT station), 18 mins from the airport and 5 mins from Orchard Road
- Complimentary, value-added limousine transfer and maternity services