The flagship tertiary care hospital of the Raffles Medical Group, Raffles Hospital has a comprehensive range of medical and surgical facilities that span across 35 disciplines. These facilities include day surgery and delivery suites, operating theatres, intensive care and neonatal intensive care units. The hospital also has 16 specialist centres servicing various medical needs including obstetrics and gynaecology, cardiology, oncology and orthopaedics. Awarded the Joint Commission Institute (JCI) accreditation in 2008, the medical facility has more than 40 years of experience in providing quality medical services.
Based on our experience, here are 3 reasons why our clients choose Raffles Hospital:
1. Enhanced medical expertise through Mayo Clinic partnership
Patients at Raffles can gain access to the expertise of reputable Mayo Clinic specialists without having to physically travel to the US. While consulting an internationally trained Raffles Hospital doctor, patients can opt for their case to be reviewed by a Mayo Clinic expert at the same time. Such an option is particularly useful for patients who are seeking for an independent second medical opinion or looking to verify the accuracy of their prior diagnoses or treatment plans. Patients would also be better positioned to make informed decisions before they embark on their treatment plan and save on unnecessary cost in exploring more affordable and less-invasive treatment options that they might not have access to in their homeland.
2. Dedicated services for foreign patients
With nearly a third of its medical clientele hailing from foreign origins, the hospital has established a dedicated Raffles International Patients Centre that spearheads personalised assistance for these international patients during their stay. Many of our clients have indicated Raffles Hospital as their top medical choice in Singapore for its wide range of services that include medical evacuation and repatriation, flight and accommodation arrangements, airport concierge services and medical translation and interpretation services. The medical and support staff are also proficient in Japanese, Bahasa Indonesia, Bengali, Burmese, English and Russian so that patients may enjoy a comprehensive range of concierge and medical services without barriers of communication.
3. Extensive network of clinics conveniently located for tourists who stopover at Singapore
The Raffles Medical Group operates a wide network of more than 50 clinics and specialist centres with family physicians, specialists and dental surgeons located islandwide. As a visiting patient, you are guaranteed prompt medical attention with several of its outpatient clinics conveniently located in the transit and departure lounges of Changi Airport’s terminal 3 and 4.
These 24-hour operational clinics offers an extensive range of medical services that include the treatment of acute and chronic ailments, travel health management and vaccinations, health screening and dental facilities and an onsite minor operating theatre. Patients can also request for ambulatory evacuation services, escorted by trained paramedics and nurses from the airport clinic to the hospital itself, should they require emergency inpatient service.
Raffles Hospital is highly recommended for patients that:
Most highly requested doctors according to Ulink’s cases:
Dr Chong Yong Yeow
Rheumatology and Allergies
MBBS (S’pore), MRCP (UK), M Med (Int Med), FAMS
Dr Stanley Liew Choon Fong
MBBS (UK), MRCP (UK), FAMS
Dr Steve Yang Tze Yi
Respiratory and Intensive Care Medicine
MBBS (S’pore), MRCP (UK), FAMS, FCCP, EDIC
Dr Narayanaswamy Venketasubramanian Ramani
Neurology and Neurosurgery
MBBS (S’pore), M Med (Int Med), FAMS (Neurology), Cert Neurosonology (ASN), PG Dip (Epidemiology), MSc (Epidemiology), DLSHTM (Epidemiology), Master of Health Science (Stroke Management), FRCP (Edin)
- Specialises in stroke, neurosonology, epidemiology and clinical trials
- Former Associate Professor of the Department of Medicine and Department of Epidemiology and Public Health at the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
- 190 academically accredited medical experts
- 16 specialist clinics provide services that spans across 35 disciplines such as obstetrics and gynaecology, cardiology, oncology and orthopaedics
- 150-bedded tertiary care hospital, including 6-bedder, 4-bedder and 2-bedder wards, single rooms, deluxe rooms and suites
- 24-hour accident and emergency (A&E) and outpatient Raffles Medical clinic
- Network of 52 island-wide outpatient clinics and specialist centres
- Easily accessible and central location (nearest MRT: Bugis), 20 mins from the airport and 14 mins from Orchard Road