A leading provider of healthcare services for women and children, the 190-bedded Thomson Medical Centre (TMC) has an excellent track record of offering quality pre-natal and post-natal care, fertility treatments such as in vitro fertilisation (IVF) and child healthcare. TMC was also the first private hospital in Singapore to establish a fertility centre dedicated to in-vitro fertilisation. As a hallmark of its service excellence, the hospital was awarded the SPRING Singapore Excellent Service Award in 2009 and the Singapore Health Quality Service Award more recently in 2013.
Based on our experience, here are 3 reasons why our clients choose Thomson Medical Centre:
1. Highly experienced obstetrics and fertility doctors and facilities
Credited as one of the first medical centres to successfully produce twins from frozen eggs and testicular sperm in 2002, the Thomson Fertility Clinic is home to 37 accredited obstetrics and gynaecology specialists. As testament to its fertility expertise, an ovarian cancer patient who had both of her ovaries removed was able to successfully give birth to a healthy baby boy at the clinic, Singapore’s first such case. Her conception was made possible through the implantation of cryopreserved embryos, freezing and storing her fertilised embryos before she began cancer treatment.
The hospital is equipped with unique amenities that enhance the comfort of childbirth:
Water birth — TMC is the only private hospital in Singapore that offers this option of childbirth. It is the process of giving birth in a tub of warm water and provides an environment similar to the amniotic fluid sac, thereby easing the stress of birth.
Nutritious confinement menu – All breastfeeding mothers are served meals that consist of nourishing ingredients such as sesame oil, ginger, black vinegar, red dates, chicken and fish.
2. Centre of excellence for women and gynaecological health
As a leading provider of healthcare services for women, TMC boasts a specialist centre dedicated to treating major gynaecological cancers and a network of islandwide women’s clinics.
A specialist in female oncology, the Thomson Women Cancer Centre, offers screening, prevention, diagnosis and treatment of the three most common cancers in women; breast, colorectal and cervical cancers. To enhance its quality of care, nursing staff are equipped with professionals skills in counselling, administering chemotherapy, ambulatory procedures, wound and stoma management.
The Thomson Well Women Clinic and its affliates offers a range of services such as treatment for common gynaecological conditions like endometriosis, menstrual related disorders and the management of menopausal symptoms.
3. Comprehensive range of quality paediatric services
To cater to the changing needs of your growing child, the Thomson Paedetric Centre offers a complete range of services from childhood vaccination services and developmental assessments for newborns and infants to the management of chronic infections in adolescents. Important childhood vaccinations like the MMRV vaccine which protects a child against the trio of measles, mumps and rubella and the TPV vaccine that offers protection against tetanus, are also available here.
The specialised centre also has expertise in treating common chronic infections such as hand, foot and mouth disease (HFMD), chickenpox and pneumococcal infections. Its paediatricians are well-versed in treating neurological and neuro-disabilities like cerebral palsy and common developmental conditions such as speech delays, autism and Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder.
Thomson Medical Centre is highly recommended for:
Most highly requested doctors according to Ulink’s cases:
I am text block. Click edit
Dr Loh Seong Feei
Gynaecology and Fertility
MBBS (S’pore), M Med
(O&G) (S’pore), FRACOG (Aust), FRCOG (Lond), FAM
- Senior Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist and Medical Director at the Thomson Fertility Centre
- Special interests in fertility treatment and IVF, advanced laparoscopic and reproductive surgery and pregnancy care and delivery
- Chairman of the Reproductive Medicine Section of the College of O&G and the Head of the Ministry of Health and College of O&G joint committee for the development of clinical practice guidelines in infertility
Dr Tay Eng Hseon
Gynaecology and Oncology
MBBS (S’pore), M Med (O&G) (S’pore), MRCOG (UK),
FRCOG (Lond), FAMS, RANZCOG
- Former Chairman of KK Women and Children Hospital’s Medical Board and former Head of its gynaecological oncology services
- Chairman of Gynaecological Oncology of the Asia-Oceania Federation of O&G
- Highly specialised in treating gynaecological cancers such as cervical and ovarian cancer
Dr Janice Wong Tzen Yuen
MBCHB (Sheffield), MRCPCH (UK)
- Awarded the Health Service Development Programme to complete her fellowship in Paediatric Neurology and Neurorehabilitation at Sydney Children’s Hospital in Australia
- Trained in treating paediatric neurological and developmental problems such as cerebral palsy and autism spectrum disorder
Facilities and Services:
- 34 specialist clinics providing services that span across 15 disciplines such as obstetrics and gynaecology, cardiology and paediatric care
- 187-bedded medical facility that includes 4-bedded and 2-bedded wards, single rooms and suites
- 24-hour outpatient family clinic
- Accessible and central location (nearest MRT: Novena), 20 mins from the airport and 7 mins from Orchard Road