The Gleneagles Hospital in Singapore is a private hospital with 272 beds, providing a wide range of medical, surgical services and comprehensive patient management. The major specialties of Gleneagles include cardiology, gastroenterology, liver transplantation, obstetrics and gynaecology, oncology and orthopaedics. The main advantages are high quality care services, expert expertise and proven technology. In 2006 and 2009, the hospital was accredited Joint Commission International (JCI), the world’s leading medical quality standard.
The Gleneagles Hospital was originally a 45-bed nursing home called the Gleneagles Nursing Home. Later in 1958, it joined the Gleneagles Hospital Pte. Ltd. The current hospital is located on Napier Road, which used to be the Gleneagles Hotel, was later acquired by the hospital. Gleneagles Hospital officially opened on 8 June 1959.Between 1979 and 1980, it expanded to a medical centre with 126 beds. In 1987, Gleneagles Hospital was acquired by Parkway Holdings Limited.
After being acquired by Parkway Holdings Limited, Gleneagles Hospital spent S$150 million for a three-year expansion, making Gleneagles Hospital a multidisciplinary, top-notch medical institution. In 1994, the Gleneagles Medical Centre was put into use. Today, Gleneagles Hospital has more than 300 resident doctors in 30 specialties and subspecialties.
Based on our experience, here are 3 reasons why our clients choose Gleneagles Hospital:
1. Gleneagles Hospital Patient Assistance Centre (GPAC)
2. Gleneagles Hospital Transplant Surgery
Gleneagles Hospital can provide patients with living donor kidney transplants, living donor liver transplants, corneal transplants and stem cell transplants.
The team of doctors responsible for surgery consists of doctors from different specialties. All doctors, anaesthetists and nurses have special training to provide the necessary medical services for patients who need to undergo transplant surgery. The hospital also has a special transplant coordinator who stands by to provide all-rounded help and guidance for the patient and his/her family during the pre- and post-transplant procedures.
3. Transplant Surgery Specialty
Both Singaporean citizens and foreign citizens can register with the Singapore Eye Bank to wait for a match. Waiting times range from one week to several months. The cornea comes from local donors in Singapore and the internationally recognized eye banks in the United States and the Philippines.
For overseas patients, the doctor informs the patient immediately after receiving a notification from the eye bank, that a cornea is available. In the next 1-2 days, the hospital will make arrangements for the patient to come to Singapore for transplant surgery.
Living Donor Kidney Transplantation
The expert team is composed of doctors from different specialties and can provide comprehensive treatment for patients with kidney diseases. From acute kidney disease, chronic kidney disease, to end-stage renal failure, and extreme cases requiring living donor kidney transplantation, Gleneagles Hospital can provide them with quality medical services. The Gleneagles Hospital has advanced medical equipment and a wealth of expertise to operate the most complex transplants, including incompatible blood type transplants.
Living Donor Liver Transplantation
Gleneagles Hospital successfully performed a living donor liver transplant in 2002 and became the first hospital in Asia to perform this operation. Gleneagles Hospital has Asia’s most advanced integrated liver transplant centre and liver treatment technology and is the only private hospital in Singapore that has a dedicated special hepatic care centre in the ward.
Stem Cell Transplantation
Patients of different ages can receive stem cell transplantation at Gleneagles Hospital. Stem cell transplantation can be performed alone or in combination with other therapies to treat specific conditions such as leukaemia, solid tumours, thalassemia, sickle cell anaemia, metabolic diseases, immunodeficiency diseases, and autoimmune diseases.
|Nearby places to eat/shop:||Nearby hotels:||Ratings:|
· Tanglin Mall
· Forum Mall
· Hotel Jen Tanglin
Dr Roger Tan
· Clinical interest in treating autoimmune kidney conditions and other related conditions
· Visiting consultant to National Kidney Foundation
Dr Rohit Khurana
· Clinical interest in coronary artery disease and resistant hypertension
· Member of the research committee for the Singapore Heart Foundation.
Dr Timothy Lee
· Senior Consultant Neurosurgeon specialising in brain and spine tumour, spine problems and others
· Governor of the International College of Surgeons (World), U.S.A
Dr Reginald Liew
· Clinical interests in cardiac electrophysiology (EP), cardiac arrhythmia (abnormal heart rhythm) and device implantation
· Research committee for the Singapore Heart Foundation and assistant professor at the Duke-NUS Medical School in Singapore
Dr Leong See Odd
· Published widely in many peer-reviewed journals and participated in many international conferences
· Chief Executive Officer and co-founder of StemCord Private Limited
Dr Teo Cheng Peng
· Awarded the Public Service Commission Scholarship by the Singapore Government to study Medicine at NUS
· Received further specialised training in stem cell transplantation at the Royal Marsden Hospital, one of the leading cancer centres in the United Kingdom
Dr Tho Kam Seng
· Team physician to the National Soccer Team
· Invited speaker on many issues related to sports medicines both locally and internationally